Sign requirements, as described in N.G.G. (Newspaper of Greek Government) n.67/A/10-4-1995 through a Presidential Decree (PD), entitled “Minimum requirements regarding Safety Signs or/and health during work in compliance with European instruction 92/58/EU) are:
1. PD describes the minimum requirements regarding Signing Health and Safety during work. Its declarations are applied to all kinds of businesses and works in both private and public sector, regardless of the specificate sector of Industry they refer to.
2.α The application of declarations is compulsory in addition to the general rules regarding Health and Safety that are applied each time.
2.β PD declaration covers the following issues:
– General rules of Temporary and Permanent Signing and
– Obligations of Corporations to comply in terms of relative training and information of employees.
3. As far as concerns the application of PD in the public sector, these issues are covered by the regulations of KYA ΚΥΑ 88555/3293/88 “Health and Safety of Public employees” (721/B)
4. Safety Signs are divided in four main categories depending on their colour and their basic shape as follows:
4.1.α Mandatory Signs (Round ones)
4.1.b Signs regarding fire-extinguishing equipment, square or round ones with red colour.
4.2. Rescue or Help Signs, square or rectanglular with green colour.
4.3 Warning Signs and precautionary measure Signs (triangle shaped ones), with yellow colour.
4.4. Compulsory Signs regarding specific behaviour or action and obligation to use Personal Safety Equipment. They are round ones with blue colour.
5. Sign signals isolated, in a Sign combination (e.g. yellow and blue ones), with or without text are constructed according to client’s requirements in terms of:
5.1 The subject
5.2 The size
5.2 The material chosen among digitally printed adhesive membrane, on a thin aluminium base on which is adhered the membrane, or any combination of retroreflective membranes.